The Market Access Working Group promotes the development of broad market adoption and application of the GSTC Criteria. With the ultimate goal of increasing demand for sustainable travel and tourism offerings and building trust amongst travelers, the group works to identify opportunities and solutions for alignment greater market potential.
- Increase the number of sustainable tourism products by creating a realizable market incentive for businesses to pursue sustainable operations
- Increase the number of sustainable tourism products that are easily accessed in the most utilized market points-of-sale
- Promote procurement policies that demand sustainable travel options
- Build recognition and promotion of local sustainable product through Destination Management Organizations and Tourism Boards.
- Provide access to market opportunities for small enterprises and community based tourism.
Market Access Working Group
- Irene Lane - Greenloons (Chair)
- Jane Ashton - TUI Travel (Board Liaison)
- Melinda Watt - Earthcheck
- Ian Lipton - The Carbon Accounting Company
- Melissa Teates - ASTA
- Jennifer Barkeley - Sabre Holdings
- Steve Ball - Hotel Association of Canada
- Alexi Huntley Khajavi - Mercury CSC
- Richard Campbell - Organization of American States
- Chris Seek - Solimar International
“One of the few ways to ensure the long-term health and stability of local communities – and help alleviate poverty – is by creating local businesses, local jobs,” said Leilani Latimer, chairman of Market Access Working Group. “This program will help change the lives of so many AND travelers will just have a better time knowing they have purchased something unique and local."