Member Rights & Benefits
The Value of Making an Impact
By becoming a GSTC Member and committing to our mission and objectives, you will have the power to lead by example and create positive changes throughout the world. Your support will foster sustainable tourism efforts, while validating your organization’s genuine dedication to this cause. Besides the significant impact that your participation will have on conservation and poverty alleviation, GSTC Members can expect the following benefits:
Empowerment through participation: Members have the opportunity, through the GSTC Working Groups, to be involved in key decision making processes that will shape the work of the GSTC program and the sustainable tourism sector.
Quality Networking and Exposure Opportunities: Become acquainted with and create partnerships with a leading network of sustainable tourism professionals and stakeholders from around the globe and in your backyard. You can build those relationships by:
- Attending customized council meetings that bring common stakeholders together to meet, exchange ideas and build the future of sustainability.
- Accessing a member online platform for exchange of information and business opportunities
- Establish relationships with other GSTC members that are involved in the sustainable tourism industry distributing (travel agencies, tourism boards, associations, etc.)
Tools and Educational Resources: Members will have exclusive access to tools that will enable them to build their sustainability programs as well as share their experiences:
- Procedures and tools for implementing or applying GSTC criteria
- A digital library of information on sustainable tourism
- General educational material based on the GSTC criteria to support tourism businesses seeking to become more sustainable, seeking to apply the GSTC criteria or looking for certification
- Educational material on accreditation to support certification programs in the process of achieving accreditation from GSTC
- Educational training activities made available through GSTC partner trainers to build the capacity of member organizations to improve their sustainability efforts
- Have access to assessment and measurement opportunities for small businesses that may not have the resources to seek certification
- Opportunities for media awareness and marketing for organizations that are in compliance with GSTC Criteria- monthly newsletter, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Gain visibility by promoting organizationlo go on the GSTC website and use GSTC Member logos on organization website, documents and certificate.