GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training in Hong Kong, 25-27 October 2017
Through our training partner, Hong Kong Ecotourism & Travels Professional Training Centre (香港生態旅遊專業培訓中心 ETTC), a 3-day training class (25-27 Oct 2017) of the GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training Program (STTP) was delivered in Hong Kong, covering best practices in implementing the GSTC Criteria for businesses and destinations.
This training class was led by the following GSTC Trainers:
- Dr. Alan Wong: Dr. Alan Wong received his PhD from the School of Hotel and Tourism Management (SHTM), The Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2008. He is currently teaching there for undergraduate and postgraduate courses. His main research interest is in leadership in the hospitality and tourism industry with the cross-cultural perspective. He also interested in researching tour guiding and ecotour guiding.
- Mr. Derek Tse: Mr. YueTak (Derek) Tse is the General Manager of HKTraveler.com Ltd., Hong Kong with its subsidiaries of Eco Travel Ltd and Hong Kong Ecotourism & Travels Professional Training Centre. With over 10 year’s experiences in the field of education and sustainable tourism industry, he specializes in developing sustainable tourism business model, plan and strategy. To contribute to the tourism industry, he is currently the Training Committee Member of Hong Kong Tourism Council and the Recommend Geopark Guide (R2G) of Hong Kong UNESCO Global Geopark.
- Dr. Lewis Cheung: Dr. Lewis T.O. Cheung is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Social Sciences of the Education University of Hong Kong. He has received his Master in Geographical Information Systems and Doctor of Philosophy from the University of Hong Kong in 2004 and 2010 respectively. His research interests focus on sustainable tourism with particular emphasis on nature-based tourism in protected areas, environmental education, and environmental conservation.
- Mr. Steven Cheung: Mr. Fui (Steven) Cheung is the Founder of The Globe Ecotourism Training Centre and the Chief Development Consultant of HKTraveler.com Ltd with its subsidiaries of Hong Kong Ecotravel Ltd and Hong Kong Ecotourism & Travels Professional Training Centre. Steven has been focusing on building a strong corporate infrastructure, with sustainable tourism development as the core mission and corporate values, working with his international team of more than 100 professionals.
Hong Kong Ecotourism & Travels Professional Training Centre
Hong Kong Ecotourism & Travels Professional Training Centre (ETTC) was established in 2005, to train sufficient eco-guides to meet the needs of Hong Kong’s ecotourism industry. All training courses are planned and provided by an expert team consisting of nearly 40 members who have worked in tourism, diving, biological and cultural conservation for years. More than 5,000 students and eco-guides have been trained by the ETTC over the last decade. ETTC has also trained the first batch of Geopark guides for Hong Kong UNESCO Global Geopark. Most Recommended Geopark Guides (R2G) in Hong Kong are graduated from ETTC.
More about the STTP
The GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training Program (STTP) offers practical insights and effective steps to help you improve your sustainability practices. With the aim of strengthening awareness of sustainable tourism in destinations around the world, the training program covers global trends in sustainable tourism and sustainability best practices for businesses and destinations.
Designed as a intensive and interactive training experience led by expert GSTC Trainers, STTP training classes are offered throughout the year, and provide two options for completing the training requirement towards earning the GSTC Certificate in Sustainable Tourism:
- Onsite 3-day training classes (Face-to-face training classes offered throughout the year in various locations around the world).
- Online 4-week training classes (Online scheduled training classes led by GSTC trainers, available at least 4 times a year).