What: 3-Day Sustainable Tourism Training by the GSTC
When: January 28-30, 2020
Where: Puri Santrian Beach Resort & Hotel, Sanur, Bali, Indonesia
Registration for this training is now closed. If you would like to be added to the wait list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: “STTP Bali Wait List”) with your contact details. If any space becomes available we will inform you.
|The training class includes 2 days of classroom sessions (trainer presentations, group discussions and interactive activities) on January 28th and 29th, and a one-day field session on January 30th visiting local organizations and sites to learn about their sustainability efforts.|
More about the Training
The three-day training class (January 28-30, 2020) is designed for travel and tourism industry professionals interested in learning about sustainability best practices for businesses and destinations. The training covers tourism as a tool for sustainable development, sustainability best practices and the GSTC Criteria, the world’s leading standard for tourism sustainability, as well as key topics such as global trends in sustainable tourism, sustainability marketing, and sustainable tourism product development and management.
Key Training Program Highlights
- Knowledge and expertise representing the GSTC as the global authority on quality sustainable tourism standards.
- Stimulating and rewarding learning experience, being part of an interactive training with fellow participants representing a variety of public, private, academic and non-profit entities.
- Practical insights on promoting sustainable and responsible travel experiences through case studies and best practice examples.
How Will the Training Benefit Your Work?
- You will gain an in-depth knowledge of the GSTC Criteria, the baseline standard for sustainability in travel and tourism.
- You will be able to make informed decisions on how to implement sustainability practices for your company or destination.
- You will be able to build and establish viable and actionable sustainable tourism policies and practices for your organization.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in the official GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training Program (STTP) Exam, and upon successful completion, receive a Certificate in Sustainable Tourism by the GSTC to demonstrate your knowledge of sustainable tourism standards and practices.
GSTC Certificate in Sustainable Tourism
By completing this 3-day training class of the STTP, you will meet the training requirement towards earning the GSTC Certificate in Sustainable Tourism.
Once you complete the class, you will have have access to the official STTP Exam, and upon successful completion (75% and above passing mark is required), receive a Certificate in Sustainable Tourism by the GSTC to demonstrate your knowledge of sustainable tourism standards and practices.
After the training class completion, you will receive instructions on how to access the STTP Exam, which is offered in an online and open-book format, and is available for one month after the training dates.
Trainers & Presenters
Mochamad Nalendra, GSTC Trainer
Mochamad Nalendra is the Executive Director of MarkPlus Center for Tourism and Hospitality, the GSTC training partner in Indonesia. He graduated with honors from Monash University, Australia in International Sustainable Tourism Management.
Currently, he is also the advisor to the chairman of Bali Tourism Board and has helped some local governments and tourism ministry on several projects including nomadic tourism playbook, sustainable tourism guideline in national parks, destination branding, and so on. He was also invited as a guest speaker in various tourism seminar and conferences both national and international.
Dr. David Ermen, GSTC Trainer
David is a consultant and speaker, with a focus on destination management, service quality improvement, and sustainability in tourism. During his career he has managed large scale consulting and development projects in Europe, the Middle East, Asia & Oceania. The projects included developing national tourism strategies, establishing tourism training colleges, and creating quality management systems for hospitality operators. In addition, David researches, teaches and guest lectures on both service management and destination management related topics at international tourism schools. In 2017, David was involved in UNWTO’s International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development as a speaker and research contributor. Recent speaking roles include moderating the Destination Day at the ITB in Berlin and presentations on the management of destinations to avoid overtourism and millennials as sustainable travellers.
- US$ 420 per person (Regular)
- US$ 395 per person (GSTC Individual Member)
- US$ 370 per person (GSTC Organization Member)
After January 1st, 2020:
- US$ 495 per person (Regular)
- US$ 470 per person (GSTC Individual Member)
- US$ 445 per person (GSTC Organization Member)
For GSTC Organization members, the above member discount is available to all staff members and can be used for an unlimited number of times.
As part of your registration, you will receive training materials to be provided prior to the class; lunch and coffee/tea breaks during the training days; field session (Jan 30th) and a Certificate of Completion confirming your attendance in the class.
Please note: the STTP Exam fee (US$ 75 per person) is NOT included in the above course registration fee. If you would like to take the exam after the course, you can select the add-on option “Exam & Certificate” when you register, or you can also sign up for the exam afterwards.
You can sign up multiple people at the same time when registering online. Select the number of people you would like register, and you can enter contact details for each participant on the form.
For a group purchase of more than 5 seats, we offer a discounted rate of US$ 347 per person.
If you would like to sign up as a group of 5 and more, please contact us (email@example.com) for more details.
We offer a limited number of need-based discounts (40% off the regular rate) to current students and professionals who demonstrate genuine needs. To apply, please submit this application form.
Training Venue and Accommodation
This training class is being held at Puri Santrian Beach Resort & Spa (Hotel Address: JL Cemara 35, Sanur, Bali, Indonesia). Accommodation for the training dates is not included in the training class registration fee, and is the responsibility of each participant.
If you would like to book your room at Puri Santrian, the following group rates are available:
- Superior – Rp.1.600.000 net inclusive breakfast
- Santrian Club – Rp.2.000.000 net inclusive breakfast
- Premier Deluxe – Rp.2.250.000 net inclusive breakfast
Here are some photos from the GSTC training class in Sanur, Bali, held in October 2018.
More about the STTP
The GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training Program (STTP) offers practical insights and effective steps to help you improve your sustainability practices. With the aim of strengthening awareness of sustainable tourism in destinations around the world, the training program covers global trends in sustainable tourism and sustainability best practices for businesses and destinations.
Designed as a intensive and interactive training experience led by expert GSTC Trainer(s), STTP training classes are offered throughout the year, and provide two options for completing the training requirement towards earning the GSTC Certificate in Sustainable Tourism:
- In-person 2- or 3-day training classes (Face-to-face training classes offered throughout the year in various locations around the world).
- Online 4-week training classes (Online scheduled training classes led by GSTC trainers, available at least 4 times a year).