Sustainability Best Practices for Hotels
The GSTC Sustainable Hotels Course is designed for hospitality and accommodation professionals, and provides practical insights into sustainability practices for hotels. Delivered as a 2-week-long facilitated and interactive online course, the GSTC Sustainable Hotels Course features expert presentations, useful resources, and real-life industry examples and lessons on applying sustainability best practices.
This course is for you,
if you …
- Want to improve your performance by learning practical how-to’s on sustainability.
- Are looking for real-life examples and actionable tips on sustainability solutions.
- Need a flexible and convenient learning option that fits your busy schedule.
- Want to systematically and efficiently approach your sustainability journey by aligning with the globally recognized standard of sustainability best practices (GSTC Industry Criteria).
What does the course cover?
The training follows the GSTC Industry Criteria with the Performance Indicators for Hotels, providing best practices for sustainable hotel management.
- Lessons on each section of the GSTC Industry Criteria, with examples relevant to hotels.
- Expert tips and resources introducing key solutions around current issues and trends.
- Live presentations by industry practitioners, sharing insights based on real-life experience.
- Hands-on exercise to practice applying the Criteria to your own situations.
- Opportunities to learn alongside GSTC experts and fellow hospitality professionals from around the world, and to enhance your professional network.
* Group Rates are available only to current GSTC Organization Members.
** If you’ve participated in a GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training 4-week online course or 3-day onsite course in the past, we’d be happy to offer a “returning customer” discount. Please get in touch for more information.
Your trainer for this course:
Dr. David Ermen
Dr. David Ermen is a consultant and speaker, with a focus on destination management, service quality improvement, and sustainability. His experience in consulting, tourism development, and training spans Europe, the Middle East, Asia & Oceania. David researches and lectures on service management, sustainability and destination management related topics internationally.
In 2017, David was involved in writing the UNWTO’s “Journey to 2030” report for the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development, focusing on the private sector’s contributions to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. Recent speaking topics have included sustainable destination management approaches and tourism’s recovery from the Covid crisis.
Weekly Live Session Schedule
Thursday, July 22nd (9:00-10:00 CEST)
Monday, July 26th (9:00-10:30 CEST)
Thursday, July 29th (9:00-10:30 CEST)
Monday, August 2nd (9:00-10:30 CEST)
Thursday, August 5th (9:00-10:30 CEST)
*The live sessions for this course are scheduled for 9am CEST (Central European Summer Time, UTC+2) / 12:30 New Delhi / 15:00 Singapore / 17:00 Sydney / 19:00 Auckland
Question? Need Help?
Feel free to get in touch!
You can reach us at training [at] gstcouncil.org.
Please include “Sustainable Hotel Course” in your subject line.