What: 4-week sustainable tourism online course by the GSTC
When: October 1 – 30, 2020*
*Weekly live webinars scheduled for the following days:
- Introduction: Thursday, Oct 1st – 12-1pm CEST (Central European Summer Time, UTC+2)
- Week 1: Monday, Oct 5th & Thursday, Oct 8th – 12-1pm CEST (Central European Summer Time, UTC+2)
- Week 2: Monday, Oct 12th & Thursday, Oct 15th – 12-1pm CEST (Central European Summer Time, UTC+2)
- Week 3: Monday, Oct 19th & Thursday, Oct 22nd – 12-1pm CEST (Central European Summer Time, UTC+2)
- Week 4: Monday, Oct 26th & Thursday, Oct 29th – 12-1pm CET (Central European Time, UTC+1)
These live webinars will be recorded and participants will be able to watch the recordings any time during the course period. Although strongly encouraged, attending these sessions live is not mandatory.
For more information on course topics and schedule, see the course syllabus here.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Sustainable Tourism Online Course for Industry Professionals
The GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training Program (STTP) provides the knowledge and tools needed to help improve sustainability practices in travel and tourism. The training covers the GSTC Criteria, the global baseline standards for sustainability in travel and tourism, and provides best practices for businesses and destinations.
Delivered as a 4-week-long facilitated and interactive training class, the sustainable tourism online course offers a convenient way to improve your sustainability skills in a flexible online learning environment, while at the same time learning alongside GSTC experts and fellow sustainable tourism practitioners.
The course will help you achieve tangible actions that fulfill the globally recognized standard of sustainability best practices.
What Other Tourism Professionals Say About This Course
“This course has given me an approach to the GSTC Criteria, where the basic and complete structure to move forward on sustainable paths is visualized. The reflections generated through real examples, discussions and available material are key to better internalize what sustainability means. I will recommend this course, for [an] objective, honest and constructive understanding of what sustainability is.”
– Agustin Landeta, Owner, Zenit Travel
“Thank you GSTC for such a great course. The content was relevant, the case studies were inspiring and the course structure was spot on! I can’t wait to take my learnings and inspiration and activate it across regional destinations in Australia.”
– Linda Tillman, Managing Director, Tilma Group
>> See more comments by past course participants