GSTC Sustainable Tourism Course
Antalya, Türkiye, 8-9 May 2023
Pre-Conference Training: GSTC Sustainable Tourism Course
Dates: 8th and 9th May, 2023
Times: 8:30am to 5pm
Location: Nirvana Cosmopolitan Hotel, Antalya, Türkiye
The GSTC Sustainable Tourism Course provides the knowledge and tools needed to help improve sustainability practices in travel and tourism. The training covers the GSTC Criteria, the global baseline standards for sustainability in travel and tourism, and provides best practices for businesses and destinations.
With an in-depth understanding of the GSTC Criteria, you will be able to make informed decisions on how to implement sustainability practices for your company or destination, and be ready for developing actionable sustainable tourism policies and practices for your organization.
See full program here.
This training is offered in conjunction with the 2023 GSTC Global Sustainable Tourism Conference (May 9-12 May, 2023). Learn how to register.
The two-day* in-person training class combines trainer presentations, group discussions and exercises with hands-on learning opportunities, focused on practical insights into the GSTC Industry Criteria and the GSTC Destination Criteria, and tangible action steps to applying the Criteria.
*The GSTC 2023 Global Conference program starts on the evening of May 9th with a reception. You will be able to participate in the training class, and then join the evening reception and the rest of the conference program (May 9th – 12th, 2023).
See the full course agenda here.
Exam and Certificate
By completing this 2-day training class, you will meet the training requirement towards earning the GSTC Professional Certificate in Sustainable Tourism.
Once you complete the course, you will have the option to take the GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training Exam. The exam takes place online, and you will have 2 weeks after the course to submit it. If you pass the exam (80% and above passing mark is required), you will receive a Professional Certificate in Sustainable Tourism by the GSTC. The certificate demonstrates your knowledge of sustainable tourism standards and practices.
>> Learn more about GSTC Professional Certificate in Sustainable Tourism
Training + Conference
- The training registration fee for the conference delegates is $345 per person
- To register for the training class and the conference, please select the add-on option “Pre-Conference Training” on the conference registration form.
- The training registration fee, if you’re not joining the conference, is $455 per person for GSTC members and $495 for non-members.
- To register separately for the training class ONLY, please fill out this registration form.
- As part of your course registration, you will receive training materials to be provided before the course; lunch and coffee breaks during the training days; and a Certificate of Completion confirming your attendance in the class.
- Travel and associated costs are NOT included in the course registration fee. Participants are responsible for arranging their own travel to and from the venue, and accommodation during the training days. To book a room with a discounted fare at Nirvana Cosmopolitan (Official Hotel of the GSTC2023 Conference), please see here.
- Please note: the exam registration fee (US$ 75 per person) is NOT included in the above course registration fee. If you would like to take the exam after the course, please select the add-on option “Exam & Certificate” when you register. You will also have the option to sign up for the exam and after the course.
- Group Discount (only applicable to GSTC Members attending the GSTC2023 Conference): For groups of 5-10 participants, a reduced registration option is available. If you would like to sign up as a group of 5 and more, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
|GSTC Global Conference|
GSTC2023 Antalya will bring together international and domestic tourism stakeholders involved in the development and promotion of sustainable travel & tourism; including public sector, hotels, tour operators, corporates, OTAs, academia, development agencies, NGOs, consultants, and more.