GSTC Sustainable Tourism Course
Seville, Spain, 11-12 December 2022
Pre-Conference Training: GSTC Sustainable Tourism Course
Dates: December 11th & 12th, 2022
Location: Hotel Melia Lebreros, Seville, Spain
Language: English (If you’d like to join the Spanish-language course, please see here.)
The GSTC Sustainable Tourism Course provides the knowledge and tools needed to help improve sustainability practices in travel and tourism. The training covers the GSTC Criteria, the global baseline standards for sustainability in travel and tourism, and provides best practices for businesses and destinations.
With an in-depth understanding of the GSTC Criteria, you will be able to make informed decisions on how to implement sustainability practices for your company or destination, and be ready for developing actionable sustainable tourism policies and practices for your organization.
This training is offered in conjunction with the 2022 GSTC Global Sustainable Tourism Conference (December 12-15, 2022). Learn how to register.
The two-day* in-person training class combines trainer presentations, group discussions and exercises with hands-on learning opportunities, focused on practical insights into the GSTC Industry Criteria and the GSTC Destination Criteria, and tangible action steps to applying the Criteria.
*The GSTC 2022 Global Conference program starts on the evening of December 12th with a reception. You will be able to participate in the training class, and then join the evening reception and the rest of the conference program (December 12th – 15th).
See the full course agenda here.
Exam and Certificate
By completing this 2-day training class, you will meet the training requirement towards earning the GSTC Professional Certificate in Sustainable Tourism.
Once you complete the course, you will have the option to take the GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training Exam. The exam takes place online, and you will have 4 weeks after the course to submit it. If you pass the exam (75% and above passing mark is required), you will receive a Professional Certificate in Sustainable Tourism by the GSTC. The certificate demonstrates your knowledge of sustainable tourism standards and practices.
>> Learn more about GSTC Professional Certificate in Sustainable Tourism
Training + Conference
- The training registration fee for the conference delegates is USD 345 per person
- To register for the training class and the conference, please select the add-on option “Pre-Conference Training” on the conference registration form.
- The training registration fee, if you’re not joining the conference, is USD 455 per person for GSTC members and USD 495 for non-members. The early-bird discount (USD 50 off) is available through September 30th, 2022.
- To register separately for the training class ONLY, please fill out this registration form.
- As part of your course registration, you will receive training materials to be provided before the course; lunch and coffee breaks during the training days; and a Certificate of Completion confirming your attendance in the class.
- Travel and associated costs are NOT included in the course registration fee. Participants are responsible for arranging their own travel to and from the venue, and accommodation during the training days. To book a room with a discounted fare at Meliá Sevilla or and Meliá Lebreros (Official Hotels of the GSTC2022 Conference), please see here.
- Please note: the exam registration fee (US$ 75 per person) is NOT included in the above course registration fee. If you would like to take the exam after the course, please select the add-on option “Exam & Certificate” when you register. You will also have the option to sign up for the exam and after the course.
- Group Discount (only applicable to GSTC Members attending the GSTC2022 Conference): For groups of 5-10 participants, a reduced registration option (USD 335 per person) is available. If you would like to sign up as a group of 5 and more, please contact us (email@example.com) for more details.
- Need-Based Discount: For students (currently enrolled full-time in a university program) and professionals with genuine needs, a limited number of need-based discounts are available (USD 295 per person). Please see the application form here.
|GSTC Global Conference|
GSTC2022 Sevilla will bring together international and domestic tourism stakeholders involved in the development and promotion of sustainable travel & tourism; including public sector, hotels, tour operators, corporates, OTAs, academia, development agencies, NGOs, consultants, and more.