GSTC 2022 Sustainable Tourism Conference | Seville, Andalusia, Spain | 12-15 December 2022
After two years without an on-site GSTC Conference due to the pandemic, the GSTC2022 Global Sustainable Tourism Conference will be held in Seville, Andalusia, Spain, on December 12-15! GSTC2022 Sevilla will bring together international and domestic tourism stakeholders involved in the development and promotion of sustainable travel & tourism; including public sector, hotels, tour operators, corporates, OTAs, academia, development agencies, NGOs, consultants, and more.
A mixture of panel discussions and interactive workshops with international and national experts in sustainable tourism as speakers.
Optional GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training class in English and class in Spanish
Monday, December 12th
GSTC Destination Members Meeting (by invitation only)
Welcoming dinner (for all participants)
Tuesday, December 13th
Conference – day 1
Wednesday, December 14th
Conference – day 2
Farewell dinner at UNESCO World Heritage Site Real Alcázar
Thursday, December 15th
Complimentary walking tour
(A) Tourism Adaptation to Climate Change
– Climate Change Influence on Tourism Operation
– Carbon Neutral Cities
(B) Mainstreaming Sustainability Standards
– Not Inventing the Wheel: How National Tourism Bodies Use Existing Sustainable Tourism Standards
– Sustainable Luxury Hospitality
– Sustainability in Corporate & Business Travel
– Businesses Influencing Supply Chain
(C) Destination Stewardship
– Interpretation of Cultural Heritage
– Türkiye Sustainable Tourism Program
– The Role of Standards and Certification in Destination Stewardship
– Collaboration is the Key: Setting Sustainability Goals by Trade Association Together With National Tourism Bodies
(D) Green Mobility & Accessibility
What will it look like?
If you wonder what GSTC Conferences look like, you can see photos and session recordings from the last two conferences we held in 2019 before covid time.
GSTC2019 Global Sustainable Tourism Conference in the Azores:
2019 GSTC Asia-Pacific Regional Conference:
- December 12th: welcome reception and dinner
- December 13th: full day conference at FIBES (Seville’s Conference and Exhibition Centre), including lunch
- December 14th: full day conference at FIBES (Seville’s Conference and Exhibition Centre), including lunch
- December 14th: private farewell dinner at Real Alcázar, the famous UNESCO World Heritage Site, including a guided tour
- December 15th: complimentary walking tour in Sevilla historical center
Chief Sustainability Officer, Singapore Tourism Board
Director of Sustainability & Community Engagement, Visit Greater Palm Springs
CEO, Sustainable Hospitality Alliance
Beatriz Román Alzerreca
Director, Chile National Tourism Service (SERNATUR)
CEO, Hostelling International
Director, Costa Rica Tourism Board (ICT)
Dr. Willy LeGrand
Professor, IU International University of Applied Sciences
Liina Maria Lepik
Director, Estonian Tourist Board
Venue: FIBES – Conference & Exhibition Center of Seville, Andalusia, Spain
The city of Seville (or Sevilla in Spanish) is the capital of the Spanish region and province of Andalusia and has about 700,000 inhabitants, making Seville the fourth largest city in Spain. Situated on the banks of the Guadalquivir River, Seville has a rich Moorish heritage, and used to be a prosperous port that carried out trade with the Americas. The streets and squares in the historic quarter of the capital of Andalucía are lively and busy. They are home to many buildings that have the World Heritage designation, and many districts are full of traditional culture, like Triana and La Macarena.
Seville is a prominent business and service center in the south of Spain and has many hotels distributed all over the city which enable visitors to discover endless attractions. Museums and art centers, theme parks, cinemas, theatres and clubs are some of the many leisure options that a great city like Seville holds.
Weather: December in Sevilla, Spain
Visa: Do you need a visa to enter Spain? Find out here.
How to get to Sevilla:
By Air: Sevilla Airport (SVQ) has direct flights from many European cities.
By Train: Sevilla is connected directly with 8 high-speed trains per day from Madrid and 3 from Barcelona. Spain is also connected by high Speed train with Paris, Toulouse, Lyon and Marseille in France.
Accommodation is the responsibility of the participants. Melia Sevilla and Melia Lebreros are the official hotels of the Conference, and can be booked at a discounted rate here.