Lead. Connect. Learn.
The GSTC Criteria and the GSTC framework assists governments around the world in creating clarity in their sustainable development and promotion policies and practices.
Being a Destination and Governmental Member of the GSTC gives you the ability to be involved in key decision making processes, gain full access to GSTC resources, and to publicly proclaim intentions to enhance sustainable tourism policy and practices per international standards.
Lead: be involved in key decision making processes
By becoming a member, you are not only showing your support of the GSTC and increase awareness of sustainable tourism, but also participate in and contribute to the efforts to advance sustainability in various sectors of the global travel and tourism industry.
Opportunities to Make an Impact:
- Help shape the board: All current members have the right to vote for Members of the GSTC Board of Directors in annual elections.
- Have a say: All current members have the opportunity to participate in any official organization-wide vote on organizational structure or on sustainable tourism policy positions.
- Get involved: Members have the opportunity to apply to join a GSTC Working Group and to be involved in key decision making processes that will shape the work of the GSTC programs.
- Become a role model: Act as a role model for other destinations by sharing experience with other GSTC members.
- Share your views: As an active member, you are invited and encouraged to voice your opinions on important sustainability policies and practices and on key issues that should be prioritized in GSTC’s activities.
Connect: gain quality networking & marketing opportunities
As a member of the GSTC’s global network of sustainable tourism professionals and stakeholders, you have the opportunity to actively network and connect with fellow members from around the world, and gain relevant exposure for your commitment to sustainability.
- Invitations to participate in GSTC council meetings and events that bring GSTC members and industry stakeholders together to meet and exchange ideas. GSTC Destination and Organization members receive priority in our event partner and presenter search process.
- Opportunity to attend all international and regional GSTC events at a reduced member registration rate.
- Be part of a GSTC webinar on sustainable tourism as a partner or presenter.
- Gain visibility through member listing in the GSTC member directory, with your organization’s logo, description and link to your website.
- Guaranteed story in one monthly newsletter per year.
- Promotion of the Destination story through the GSTC’s social media communications: Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Showcasing your destination at GSTC events:
- Invitation to showcase your destination at the GSTC Annual Meeting and other conferences and events.
- Opportunity to host and participate as a partner in GSTC Conferences.
Publicizing Progress and Accomplishments:
Throughout the membership period, GSTC will release appropriate external communications relating to the discussions and planning. GSTC encourages and offers support to announce progress and accomplishments, such as:
- Adoption of national or provincial policy frameworks that encourage actual practice and implementation
- Specific destinations being certified sustainable
- Establishing targets for private sector hotel and tour operator certification
- Private sector accomplishments, for example, 50% of hotel capacity at a destination being certified as sustainable
Learn: access GSTC programs & educational resources
We encourage you to take advantage of the various education and training opportunities available through the GSTC, and to continue seeking knowledge and tools to improve your sustainable tourism practices.
Education and Training Opportunities:
- Opportunity to attend GSTC member-only webinars. Invitations to these webinars are extended to all staff members of your organization. [NEW]
- Opportunity to participate in GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training Program classes and workshops, as well as online sustainable tourism training program, at a reduced member registration rate. The member discounts are available to all staff members of your organization. [NEW]
- Access to educational materials on topics and issues related to sustainable tourism development, business sustainability practices, and certification and standards.
GSTC Destination Program:
- The GSTC offers support to national authorities in the development of broadly-applied policies and national-level institutional structures that ensure sustainability in tourism and destination management is formalized, funded, measured, and monitored. The focus of our support of course is mostly related to standards and certification schemes.
- Reduced fee for GSTC Destination Program: Sustainability Assessment
Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions about the GSTC membership.