2022 GSTC Asia-Pacific Sustainable Tourism Conference | September 15-17 | Saemangeum, Gunsan, Jeonbuk, Korea
After two years without an on-site GSTC Conference due to the pandemic, the 2022 GSTC Asia-Pacific Sustainable Tourism Conference will be held in Saemangeum, Gunsan, Jeonbuk, Korea, on September 15-17.
The 2022 GSTC Asia-Pacific Conference will bring together Korean and international tourism stakeholders involved in the development and promotion of sustainable travel & tourism; including public sector, hotels, tour operators, corporates, OTAs, academia, development agencies, NGOs, consultants, and more.
(A) Attraction & Destination Stewardship
– NTOs & DMOs Partnering with the Private Sector
– Managing Visitor Flow
– Attraction Criteria Consultation Workshop
(B) MICE & Hotels
– Small MICE: Business Retreats and Small Meetings
– Sustainable Management Systems for Hotels
– MICE Criteria Consultation Workshop
(C) Ecotourism & Heritage
– Wonders in Tourism & Heritage
– Ecotourism Businesses Benefiting Communities
A mixture of panel discussions and interactive workshops with Korean and international experts in sustainable tourism as speakers.
- Wednesday, September 14th: Participants should arrive in Saemangeum, Gunsan, Jeonbuk, Korea
- Thursday, September 15th: Conference day 1 + dinner
- Friday, September 16th: Conference day 2
- Saturday, September 17th: Post-conference tour
Chief People and Purpose Officer, Intrepid Travel
Su Kim Loh
Senior Vice President, Sustainability, Resorts World Sentosa
CEO, Destination Mekong
Cheh Hsien Lee
Planning Director, Sentosa Development Corporation
Kashi Raj Bhandari
Sr. Director, Nepal Tourism Board
Suwon Convention & Visitors Bureau
Christina Leala Gale
Sustainable Tourism Manager, Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO)
- September 15th: full day conference at Gunsan Saemangeum Convention Center (GSCO), including lunch and dinner
- September 16th: full day conference at Gunsan Saemangeum Convention Center (GSCO), including lunch
- September 17th: post-conference tour
How will it look like?
If you wonder how GSTC Conferences look like, you can see photos and session recordings from the last two conferences we held in 2019 before covid time.
GSTC2019 Global Conference in the Azores:
2019 GSTC Asia-Pacific Regional Conference:
Venue: Gunsan Saemangeum Convention Center (GSCO), Jeollabuk-do, South Korea
Ranked world’s longest man-made sea dyke of 33 kilometers long, Saemangeum area is one of the biggest land reclamation projects in history (about 400 km², roughly two-thirds the size of Seoul). With dynamic development, Saemangeum has its growing potential to be a strategic positioning for Yellow Sea Rim and it is attracting a lot of interest among the world business.
Saemangeum area is located in the province of Jeonbuk. Much of rural Jeonbuk is parkland, where you can stretch your legs on any number of fantastic hiking trails, from the steep peaks of Naejangsan National Park to the gentle hills of Seonunsan Provincial Park. There’s also skiing on the slopes of Muju to the east and sandy beaches on the West Sea, from where you can catch ferries to sleepy islands.
Weather: September in Saemangeum, Gunsan, Jeonbuk, Korea
Visa: You might need to apply for a visa to enter the Republic of Korea. Find out here.
Special entry procedure during Covid time: Please review the Special Entry Procedure as part of COVID-19 prevention.
How to get to Saemangeum Gunsan: Gunsan is easily reached from Incheon International Airport (ICN) by a direct premium bus or by train. More details here.
Accommodation is the responsibility of the participants. Recommended hotels are listed here.