We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to join our Communications Team. They will be providing support to our Communications Manager with Social Media content and creation, design, translations, and video. Fluency in both Spanish and English is a must. The internship is available from September 2023, with a minimum duration of three months.
Deadline for application: 31st of August 2023. Earlier applications will be considered as they are being received.
- Support internal and external communication
- Support social media content and creation
- Design banners for web, social media and webinars
- Video editing
- Web translations (English-Spanish)
Reporting Relationship: Reporting is to the Communications Manager
- Current or recent enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with an interest to work in sustainable tourism.
- Good communication skills and highly proficient in Spanish and English (at least C1 level).
- Understanding of what the GSTC is, its scope, and what it does (please study the GSTC website if necessary).
- Comfortable with working independently and remotely, the GSTC is a “virtual” organization and truly global.
- Comfortable with working across different cultures. Our staff, Directors, Trainers, and volunteers work from various locations around the world.
Language skills: professional grade written and spoken English and Spanish are required.
- Positive mindset
- Good communications skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and able to take initiative
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
Software skills: Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Workspace, Canva, WordPress, and Video editing programs such as iMovie. Comfortable with social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube)
About the position
This is a part-time role, 5 days a week (20 hours per week) with a minimum duration of three months with no remuneration. The place of work is from a home office from any location.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV plus a letter stating their motivation, interest, and how they plan to contribute to email@example.com with the title of ‘Intern Application | [your name]’ (e.g. “Intern Application | Albert Einstein”).
This is a great opportunity to learn remotely with a multicultural team on a meaningful subject.
Please do not apply if you do not fulfill the qualifications. Applications should be submitted by the 31st of August 2023, but we will review applications and prefer earlier applications.