GSTC is looking for an Assurance Coordinator to join the Assurance Team, as part of the GSTC Assurance Program which requires vigilance in ensuring compliance and avoidance of false claims of authorized usage of the GSTC name and logo.
This is a great opportunity to work on a meaningful subject with a multicultural team remotely.
See the GSTC Assurance Coordinator Job Description for full details.
The GSTC Assurance Coordinator shall collaborate closely with two sets of team members: 1) the Assurance team to implement accreditation practices including compliance; and 2) the Secretariat’s Management leadership on trademark and branding issues.
GSTC has developed a credible assurance program for hotels, tour operators, and destinations, striving to comply with the ISEAL Alliance Assurance Code. With that as a foundation, GSTC is promoting the application of its framework in order to enhance the circular relationship of encouraging more responsible consumption and production.
Growth of the GSTC Assurance Program requires vigilance in ensuring compliance and avoidance of false claims of authorized usage of the GSTC name and logo; as such the Assurance Coordinator shall support GSTC’s efforts in enforcing compliance.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the execution of existing accreditation activities
- Support the coordination of GSTC relationships and communications with Accredited Certification Bodies
- Provide guidelines to CBs for including their GSTC-Accredited status in their marketing messaging
- Support the development Accreditation Manuals related to the MICE and Attraction Criteria
- Support specific partner programs that utilize the GSTC market access program based on accreditation, such as Turkiye’s Sustainable Tourism Program
- Support GSTC Assurance Projects for supporting partners’ assurance tasks
- Other tasks as assigned by the Assurance Director
- Provide backup roles to the Assurance team members and Assurance Director during personal leaves of absence
Reporting relationship is to the Assurance Director.
- Knowledge and skills in auditing and certification processes
- Preferred but not required knowledge and experience in accreditation
- Language skills: professional grade written and spoken English is required; preferred but not required additional languages are Turkish and Chinese
- Effective speaking skills
- Knowledge of sustainable hospitality best practices
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 2 years minimum of relevant experience
- Comfortable working across different cultures
- Comfortable working independently
- Software skills: intermediate or higher level user of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and its Google equivalents, with proven ability to quickly learn various software application
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV plus a letter stating their motivation, interest, and how they plan to contribute, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of ‘Assurance Coordinator Application | [your name]’ (e.g. “Assurance Coordinator Application | Albert Einstein”).
Please do not apply if you do not fulfill the qualifications. Applications should be submitted by 2 July 2023.
Candidates of interest will be contacted for further information and will be informed of the compensation package.