The three-day intensive and interactive training program (26-28 March 2018) is designed for travel and tourism industry professionals interested in learning about sustainability best practices for businesses and destinations. The training covers tourism as a tool for sustainable development, sustainability best practices and the GSTC Criteria, the world’s leading standard for tourism sustainability, as well as key topics such as global trends in sustainable tourism, sustainability marketing, and sustainable tourism product development and management.
What: 3-Day Sustainable Tourism Training by the GSTC
When: March 26th – 28th, 2018
Where: Bangkok, Thailand
Sustainable Tourism Training for Tourism Professionals
The three-day intensive sustainable tourism training program covers global trends in sustainable tourism, sustainability best practices and the GSTC Criteria, with the aim of strengthening awareness of sustainable tourism through practical insights and achievable steps.
Key Training Program Highlights
- Knowledge and expertise representing the GSTC as the global authority on quality sustainable tourism standards.
- Stimulating and rewarding learning experience, being part of an interactive training with fellow participants representing a variety of public, private, academic and non-profit entities.
- Practical insights on promoting sustainable and responsible travel experiences through case studies and best practice examples.
How Will the Training Benefit Your Work?
- You will be able to make informed decisions on how to implement sustainability practices for your company or destination.
- You will be able to build and establish viable and actionable sustainable tourism policies and practices for your organization.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in the official GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training Program (STTP) Exam, and upon successful completion, receive a Certificate in Sustainable Tourism by the GSTC to demonstrate your knowledge of sustainable tourism standards and practices.
You will be able to complete the training requirements towards earning a Certificate in Sustainable Tourism by participating in this training class. After the training class completion, you will receive instructions on how to access the STTP Exam, which is offered in an online and open-book format, and is available for one month after the training dates.
The early-bird registration fees (available through December 15th, 2017) for this class are:
- US$ 550 per person (Regular)
- US$ 500 per person (GSTC Member)
After December 15th, 2017:
- US$ 625 per person (Regular)
- US$ 575 per person (GSTC Member)
*For GSTC Organization members, the above member discount is available to all staff members and can be used for an unlimited number of times.
As part of your registration, you will receive training materials to be provided prior to the class; lunch and coffee breaks during the training dates; and a Certificate of Completion confirming your attendance in the class.
Group Registration Options
You can sign up multiple people at the same time when registering online. Select the number of people you would like register, and you can enter contact details for each participant on the form.
We also offer a discount for each group purchase of more than 5 seats.
- 5-10 people: US$ 475 per person.
- 11+ people: US$ 445 per person
If you would like to sign up as a group of 5 and more, please contact us (email@example.com) for more details.
We offer a limited number of need-based discounts to current students and professionals who demonstrate genuine needs. To apply, please submit this application form.
Dr. Mihee Kang
Dr. Mihee Kang is the GSTC Country Representative for South Korea, and serves on the GSTC Accreditation Panel as a sustainable tourism standard expert. Dr. Kang is a research professor at Seoul National University, researching topics related to protected areas management and sustainable tourism. She received her Ph.D. degree at Seoul National University in 1999 and actively participated in numerous ecotourism and protected area projects in Korea and abroad. She has published many articles and books including the first ecotourism book in Korea and the recent one about ecotourism in ASEAN Countries. She serves a number of key positions in both domestic and international organizations such as Ecotourism Korea, Korean Geoparks Committee, Korean UNESCO MAB Committee, and Asian Ecotourism Network.
Recently she co-founded Playforest, a cooperative of sustainable travel businesses designed to benefit local communities and local activists dedicated to the conservation of their forests and to provide genuine community-based natural tourism experiences to the visitors.
Mr. Randy Durband
Randy Durband has had two careers in travel and tourism – 20+ years in senior leadership positions at some of the finest U.S. tour operators, having served as President for Travcoa, INTRAV, and Clipper Cruise Lines, plus Executive Vice President of Tauck World Discovery. Following that, in his second travel and tourism career, Randy advanced the work of Sustainable Tourism as an advisor, consultant, and speaker. He brings his knowledge of the business of travel, his global network of travel professionals, and a passion for sustainability to support the GSTC and the general sustainable tourism movement.
GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training Class in Bangkok, February 2017
More about the STTP
The GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training Program (STTP) offers practical insights and effective steps to help you improve your sustainability practices. With the aim of strengthening awareness of sustainable tourism in destinations around the world, the training program covers global trends in sustainable tourism and sustainability best practices for businesses and destinations.
Designed as a intensive and interactive training experience led by expert GSTC Trainer(s), STTP training classes are offered throughout the year, and provide two options for completing the training requirement towards earning the GSTC Certificate in Sustainable Tourism:
- Onsite 3-day training classes (Face-to-face training classes offered throughout the year in various locations around the world).
- Online 4-week training classes (Online scheduled training classes led by GSTC trainers, available at least 4 times a year).