The GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training offers practical insights and effective steps to help travel and tourism industry professionals achieve and improve sustainability practices. With the aim of strengthening awareness of sustainable tourism in destinations around the world, the training program covers global trends in sustainable tourism, sustainability best practices and the GSTC Criteria, the global baseline standards for sustainability in travel and tourism.
Designed as a 2- or 3-day intensive training, the GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training program offers a unique opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of the GSTC criteria and indicators, and to learn what it means to achieve sustainable tourism certification. In addition to sharing lessons and examples with each other, participants will review case studies and best practice examples of leading sustainable tourism businesses and destinations, drawn from GSTC's extensive knowledge base.
Why Sustainable Tourism Training? Benefits for Tourism Professionals
Key Training Program Highlights
- Knowledge and expertise representing the GSTC as the global authority on quality sustainable tourism standards.
- Stimulating and rewarding learning experience, being part of an interactive training with fellow participants representing a variety of public, private, academic and non-profit entities.
- Practical insights on promoting sustainable and responsible travel experiences through case studies and best practice examples.
How Will the Training Benefit Your Work?
- You will be able to make informed decisions on how to implement sustainability practices for your company or destination.
- You will be able to build and establish viable and actionable sustainable tourism policies and practices for your organization.
- You will receive GSTC-endorsed certificate to demonstrate your knowledge. *Each participant in the 3-day trainng program who demonstrates their awareness of sustainable tourism will receive, upon completion of the written exam, a GSTC Certificate of Sustainable Tourism Awareness.
Interested in Sustainable Tourism Training? Contact Us!
The GSTC works with destination partners to deliver tailored training options, including training in the local language by a GSTC-approved trainer, and designing a shorter introductory program or a longer, more extensive program targeting certification experts and auditors.
- If you're interested in attending a future training and would like to receive more information on the GSTC Sustainable Tourism Program, please sign up for email updates here.